Monday, November 1, 2010

Procrastination

Hi. My name is Amber and I am a procrastinator.  In fact, one of the things I do best is procrastinate. It was a year ago that I had an "I-will-start-a-blog-if-you-do" conversation with a sweet friend . . . who has been blogging since the very next day.  I, however, have spent the year wondering what I would say, when I would have time, what people think, etc.  So this first blog post is a very big step for me.

Were I not a procrastinator, this is what you would have seen last year for Halloween:
Ava was a 4-year-old eggplant, Jack was a 2-year-old Lego and Ella was a 6-year-old Wonder Woman.


Fast forward a year to yesterday: 
Ava, now 5, decided to do her own version of Wonder Woman - including a wig to add to the Lynda Carter-ness.  Jack, 3, was the Lone Ranger.  The funny thing is that, minus the bandanna, this is pretty much how Jack looks all the time.  He is an avid shirt-tucking, belt-wearing cowboy. Ella, 7, created her own super hero. She drew the character on our chalkboard and after a few hours of sewing, glue-gunning, taping and laminating, "Ice Girl" was born!  She even made up her own logo and insisted the "i" and the "g" were connected. (Ice Girl may have been fighting the bad guys for candy because a lot of sequins were missing by the end of the night - but you get the picture)
Whew! I am about to push "publish post" which means I am a step closer to my procrastination recovery! . . . except that it is now almost 6 and we may be having frozen waffles for dinner.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your very first post, Amber! I loved it! Looking forward to reading more as you post along at your own speed. (Love Icegirl...though, I can't connect the "i" and the "g" here. Hope that is acceptable for electronic communication.) And...Eggplant may remain as one of my all-time favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! I love it, love it, love it! I feel like I was visiting at your house for a quick minute! And I admit, I am crying. I miss you all and love you so much!

    And remember...no guilt. Blogging is fun:) And there is nothing wrong with frozen waffles (that is what is on our menu for the night!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sis, yay!! So glad you finally took the plunge! Totally a fun read & fun pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats from the procrastinator who provided the genetic background to your procrastinatory tendencies. A fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you are blogging! Welcome to the party. :) I am already loving having a way to here about all those wonderful Porter moments and Amber thoughts that I miss so very much. Love you! Looking forward to our visit in December!

    ReplyDelete